Australia offers a number of visas to assist Australian employers who wish to nominate overseas employees where they have not been able to find an Australian to fill the position. Taylor Made Immigration is happy to offer assistance to both employers and employees. Visa options available include the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) which provide permanent residence to the visa holder.
A Temporary Skills Shortage employer sponsored visa, is also available providing temporary residence options, processing of this option is generally swifter than the visas providing permanent residence.
Please feel welcome to Contact us to discuss how we might assist your needs.
This page provides a brief overview of the Employer Nominated visas available
The Employer Nominated visas fall within the "SkillSelect" migration program. This option is available to employers who have been unable to source local labour to seek overseas workers to address a skill shortage in their business within Australia. Employer Sponsored Visas (186) enable businesses to employ approved skilled workers from overseas for specified occupations (on a relevant Skilled Occupations list). The RSMS (187) program aims to support employers in regional, remote or low population growth areas, wishing to recruit foreign skilled workers needed to manage and grow their businesses. Taylor Made Immigration is happy to provide assistance to both employers and visa applicants undertaking the visa application process.
Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 visa
Employer Nomination Scheme (186 Permanent Residence)
- Introduced in March 2018
- Both the Employer and Visa Applicant are required to meet a number of eligibility requirements including
- visa applicants to have at least two years’ work experience in the nominated occupation
- meet the English language requirements
- comply with mandatory labour market testing requirements (some exemptions)
- Salary must be above the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT). Plus, must also be at least the Market Salary Rate for the occupation/location.
- meet health and character requirements
- Two streams depending upon occupation
- Short-Term stream: visa period up to 2 years, capacity for one onshore visa renewal, occupations on STSOL list
- Medium-Term stream: visa period up to 4 years, occupations on MLTSSL list
- a requirement to pay a contribution to the Skilling Australians Fund based upon the duration of the visa required
- Small business (less than 10M turnover): pay $1,200 per nomination/year/visa duration requested.
- Large business: pay $1,800 per nomination/year/visa duration requested.
Subclass 494, Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
- Both streams required to pay a one off contribution to the Skilling Australians Fund
- Small business (less than 10M turnover): $3,000 per nomination.
- Large business: $5,000 per nomination.
- Direct Stream
- Must be less than 45 years old
- Occupation on the relevant MLTSSL occupation list
- Meet English, Health and Character criteria
- Skills assessment and 3 years prior skilled work experience
- Transitional Route (eligible 457 & 482 holders)
- NB different requirements apply to applicants 457 who held, or applied for, their visa prior to 18th April 2018
- Must be less than 45 years old (unless exemptions apply)
- Must have been employed by the nominating employer on a 457 or 482 for 3 years at the time of application (NB some pre-18th April 2017 457 visa holders may be eligible in 2 years)
- must meet the English language skills
- Obligations of previous visa must have been met
This Provisional Regional visa commenced on the 16th November 2019. This visa provides a provides a potential pathway to Permanent Residence. These visas require its holders to live and work in regional Australia for a period of at least 3 years, and to meet a number of criteria, prior to applying for permanent residence via this pathway. The pathway to permanent residence, from a 494 visa, requires the eligibility criteria of the Sub Class 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa to be met.